Elsie washing her utensils in the washing machine.
For about 3 months now we have been going to a playgroup on Wednesday mornings from 9:30 -11:00. It is called the Great Parents Playgroup. It is a free group. The leader is Maggie. Most of the kids are the same age, the oldest is 2yrs old.The kids seem to be having a good time there. It is nice to see them interact with other kids of the same age, and to try and get them used to following a schedule. They have a free play time and then they have crafts they can do and activities to help them with new skills they are learning. Today they made sticker books and played with playdough to help them to use their fine motor skills by using the playdough scissors, cutouts, knives, and rollers. It makes them use their pincher grasp. This was our first attempt at playdough. They only ate a little bit, and Reid didn't like the taste,so hopefully he won't eat it.
Reid playing on the slide
A whole bunch of moms and kids.
Elsie over in the corner reading.
Reid attempting to do the craft. Its more of "no, don't touch that, don't dump that out, no-thats not yours, don't rip that up" I know eventually that arts and crafts will be fun, but right now its a lot of work.
We took Elsie to the dentist yesterday. Everything is fine with her teeth. Basically we don't know why her tooth fell out. The other front one is loose as well. She may have been born with weak roots and then her being a thumb sucker doesn't help because there is added pressure on her teeth. We did an xray and you could see her permanent teeth, and she said it looks like they are developing normally, so we don't need to go back to see Dr Jody until they are 3.
8 comments:
What a fabulous place to take the kids to. They do so much fun/educational stuff.
First you inspired me with getting sidewalk chalk (which we are trying out this weekend) now the playdough with the cutters and stuff. Awesome idea. I always think they are too young to try, but heck, why not.
So glad you have a fun playgroup to attend! Looks like the kids are thoroughly enjoying themselves!
OH wow! I LOVE your playgroup! I wish i had something like that here! What great fun for the kids!
I love that play group! great pictures
I can't believe how big they've gotten!!!! They are such cutie patooties!!!! I love this blogging thing....now I can see pics and stay in touch with you girls....YEAH!!! Elsie still sucks her thumb??...So does Payten and her poor little thumb has a big knot on it and sometimes looks raw.
I keep freaking out at how big all our babies are looking. Such cuties!
I wish we had a play group like that around here. Is that someones house? Awesome!
What cute pictures. It looks like so much fun! I think I might need to try playdough soon.
Post a Comment