Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fathers Day, Trains and Pools

Elsie and Reid got their daddy an indoor/outdoor thermometer for Fathers Day. Daddy made his famous pancakes(ok, don't know if they're famous, but its the only think he cooks and he does a good job)and then we headed out to Cabela's to shop. We actually came home empty handed. Then we stopped at a park on the way home and had some lunch there and let the kids play. We ended the day with Jets Pizza. I offered to cook whatever he wanted and he wanted pizza(his kind with pepperoni and sausage, no veggies allowed this day) and Jets bread. One of Reids favorite things these days is trains. Everytime he hears one he pumps his arm and says choo, choo. I have driven past this park a lot and always see the signs saying train rides the third weekend of every month, so this weekend we finally checked it out.
Elsie and I took a ride too, but we let Reid and daddy go a 2nd time so we could get some pics. It is run by the Kiwanis Club. They just take donations. You get a ride twice around the park each time you go.
Reid really had fun. In this pic they are the 5th couple on the train, just before the tree. He was waving at people and saying hi as they went by. He wasn't scared at all.
Today I finally got out the little pool. Reid loved it. I am a mean mom and won't let him splash in the bathtub, so as you can see, he went crazy today.
Elsie was just busy trying to keep the water from Reid's splashing out of her eyes. I eventually put the slide from out little swing set in the pool, so they were sliding down into the pool but I didn't get any pics because I was too busy helping them. They have no fear sometimes and scare me. Rob is picking up a little slide he bought off of Craigs List so I can use it in the pool. It will be better than what we have, so I will get more pics. I'm sure we'll be in the little pool a lot this summer.
I know Elsie's hat is too small. Its her hat from last year. I didn't want to get the one we wear every day wet. I have more, I just didn't feel like looking for them. It served its purpose to keep the sun off of her head. Not her face very well, but at least her head was shaded.


4 comments:

Dawn Friedman said...

I just love Elsi in pigtails. She just looks so darn cute. I really need to see you because it looks like the kids are three now!

The Romero-Schroeder said...

I love all the pictures!

Tonya Staab said...

The photos are great. Love the one of the train, too funny.

We call Randy's only breakfast that he can cook 'world famous' ha ha and he cooked it himself on Father's Day too LOL.

Bre said...

Love Elsie's piggy tails!!!