Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nana, Papa and Fireworks

This week Nana and Papa came to visit and help us to fix our deck. Those of you who have been here know that there was a hot tub there when we moved in and we sold it last fall. Since then there has just been a huge hole. Rob took Friday off and he and Papa fixed the hole. It looks great. (Of course I haven't taken a picture of the completed deck yet.)Thank you Papa for all your help. While they were fixing the deck up, Nana and I took the kids(with our friends Donna and Addy) to a local indoor playplace. It is called Funtastic Play Center. Of course I tried to take pictures but the camera died when I got there. Next time. It is a fun place with a small climbing play area(like McDonalds) with slides at the end. And a lot of large foam shapes and it is all safe for the kids to climb all over. Perfect for a rainy day when they are driving mommy crazy.On Friday evening our city had fireworks. We decided to take the kids to see what they would think. It is walking distance from our house. Since I was having camera issues this week, my battery died there as well. I managed to get a couple of pics before it died. This is Reid not wanting to sit on Nana's knee. He was having too much fun running around.
This is us watching the fireworks. I especially like Elsie's expression. They really did like them and weren't scared at all. Reid actually enjoyed pointing out airplanes that were going overhead as much as the fireworks. I never realized how many planes there were until he points out every single one that flies over.
Elsie and Reid watching the fireworks.
One of the pretty ones.


5 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

WOW, that's great they weren't scared of the fireworks. I still haven't taken mine close enough that they hear the loud popping, we can hear and see the SeaWorld ones from our house every night over summer but we live far enough away that the popping isn't too loud.

Future pilot on your hands maybe?

Jane said...

That's a GREAT firework picture!!!

LMAO at the plane thing....I didn't realize it either....now, every other minute "AIRPLUH!"

debi9kids said...

How fun! We just saw fireworks last night for the first time and Emma kept saying "OOOOOOH!" lol

PS Wow! Rob looks like he got some serious sunburn on his arms. OUCH!

Sharlene said...

How fun. Why are the fireworks so early in your town? I am looking forward to the big extravaganza's this weekend.

The Romero-Schroeder said...

Great pictures, you are having so much fun!