We are in my hometown this week, visiting with Nana and Papa. Daddy came with us on the weekend. We had a family picnic on Sunday and saw all of our Aunts/Uncles and cousins. This is a picture of my brothers daughter Taya with the kids. She is the best cousin ever. She just loves Reid and Elsie to death and is sooo good with them. We get to see her again on Wed.
We went to feed the goats and horses that live around the corner from Nana and Papa. The kids aren't afraid of them at all. Elsie wanted to feed the horse as well as the goats. We didn't think she would have a hand left, so we fed the horse and she just fed the goats.
Reid taking his turn feeding the goats.
Admiring the horse from afar. Its always fun to be able to just walk around the block at my moms house and see the animals.
For those of you who read my blog and are unfamiliar with my hometown, there will be something strange in this picture. That is a white squirrel that Reid is chasing. We have a big population of them in Exeter. There are only a few known towns in the US and Canada that have them. So yes, I am from Exeter Ontario, home of the White Squirrel. I tried to get a better picture, but he took off up a tree.
It was pretty hot out today and humid, so Nana set up a slip and slide so we could cool off in the backyard. We had fun, but probably had just as much fun with the gallon pails and cool whip containers.
Nana is showing us what to do with the water. It didn't take us long to catch on.
Elsie's container is empty, so she's on her way back up the hill for more.
Reid decided that he would fill his container and throw it at Nana. Thank goodness he's a bad shot with the water. I think he only really hit her once.
We still have a few days here, so I'm sure that we will have more pictures of our fun.
We went to feed the goats and horses that live around the corner from Nana and Papa. The kids aren't afraid of them at all. Elsie wanted to feed the horse as well as the goats. We didn't think she would have a hand left, so we fed the horse and she just fed the goats.
Reid taking his turn feeding the goats.
Admiring the horse from afar. Its always fun to be able to just walk around the block at my moms house and see the animals.
For those of you who read my blog and are unfamiliar with my hometown, there will be something strange in this picture. That is a white squirrel that Reid is chasing. We have a big population of them in Exeter. There are only a few known towns in the US and Canada that have them. So yes, I am from Exeter Ontario, home of the White Squirrel. I tried to get a better picture, but he took off up a tree.
It was pretty hot out today and humid, so Nana set up a slip and slide so we could cool off in the backyard. We had fun, but probably had just as much fun with the gallon pails and cool whip containers.
Nana is showing us what to do with the water. It didn't take us long to catch on.
Elsie's container is empty, so she's on her way back up the hill for more.
Reid decided that he would fill his container and throw it at Nana. Thank goodness he's a bad shot with the water. I think he only really hit her once.
We still have a few days here, so I'm sure that we will have more pictures of our fun.
7 comments:
Wow! That white squirrel is freaky! :)
Reid looks so big feeding the goat. Love the pic of the cousins.
Oh I LOVE Slip & Slides!!!! To be a kid again.
Wow, if you hadn't said that was Reid feeding the goat I would never have realised it was him. Seriously he looks like he's losing the baby chub, shot up in height and is so much older. I love that pic of Elsie feeding the goat, she's so sweet getting down on it's level for a closer look
It looks like you are having a wonderful visit! How nice!
The squirrel is pretty cool looking! I had no idea there was such a thing!
I love the pictures, you are having so much fun!
Loved all the pictures! looks like you are having a wonderful visit
Looks like you all had a great visit! The beach looks heavenly, we haven't gone yet this summer :( Loved all the pictures!
Post a Comment