Ok, so I have been MIA for a couple of weeks. What can I say?? Its summer. We have been having fun. No time to be inside on the computer these days. We also decided to spend a week in SouthBend visiting with grandma and GG. Uncle Randy and Aunt RaRa(yes, that is Sarah for those of you who don't understand the toddler language) were home so we got to see them and Aunt JoAn and Christopher also came for a visit.
GG really wanted us all to make a trip to Battle Creek to go to the Binder Park Zoo. Grandma Nancy's cousin Greg is the director there so we were going to see him at the zoo and then visit with him and his wife Joanne afterwards. So we set out early(out of the door by 8am-very early for me and my kids)for Battle Creek. Everything was fine until about an hour into our trip when it got very dark out and started to rain. It was still raining when we finally arrived at the zoo about 1/2 hour late. But miraculously after talking to Greg for a bit in the offices, it stopped raining. We had a great day at the zoo.
This is us on the carousel. A new addition to the zoo. It was beautiful. Everyone really enjoyed the ride.
.
Reid's reaction was one of excitement and fear, all mixed together. He loved it but was a little scared at the same time.
My favorite part of the whole zoo was feeding the giraffe's. I have never been to a zoo where you and just walk up and feed the animals like this. They were like dogs, just walking up to the edge of the exhibit to be petted and fed. A great experience for everyone. Reid was a little timid at first.
Elsie didn't care if they were bigger than her or not. She just wanted to keep feeding them.(you could buy biscuits to feed them)
She was willing to put her whole hand in their mouths. She didn't want to leave.
Here they are looking for something. I think there were monkeys in this exhibit.
Of course you can't go to the zoo and not pet and feed the goats.
And if all else fails, and nothing else is exciting to you, just play in a puddle.
Here are Reid , Elsie and Christopher on a dinosaur.

Hopefully I won't be slacking quite as much and post a little more. I won't make any promises. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as we are.
Hopefully I won't be slacking quite as much and post a little more. I won't make any promises. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as we are.
4 comments:
How cool to be able to feed giraffes!! Looks like a really fun zoo! Jas' grandparents just moved back to Battle Creek, hope to make it there someday!
Love that picture of Reid!!! LMAO!!!! Looks like fun. Mine are scared to death of giraffes.
I am so envious these days of anyone who can get their 2 kids (and any more as well) to sit together for a nice photo. Well done. What a great day Sheri.
OMG i want to feed giraffes!!!!!!!!!!! COOL
Post a Comment