So we had a pretty mellow weekend. I spent part of Saturday sleeping because I was on call got home at about 5am. That night we just bbq'd and made a fire in the fire pit. Our neighbours Chuck and Lisa came over for a few drinks. We let the kids stay up a little later than usual to watch the fire with us. On Sunday Rob went to see the Grand Prix Race on Belle Isle in downtown Detroit. I didn't want to stay at home with the kids so we went to Elizabeth Park to do some people watching, play on the playground and walk along the river. Rob got home in time to join us for a bit. Then on Monday, our neighbour Lisa invited us to go to her work(the Automotive Hall of Fame) to an event that was being held. Hot Wheels was celebrating its 40th anniversary. Its a travelling event that started in California and has come across the country. Well who knew this would be such a huge event. I guess I didn't realize there were such huge Hot Wheels collectors. We stood in a huge line to get our commemorative edition hot wheel car.(they're selling for $35-$80 on e-bay) There had to be at least 1000 people there. We had no desire to stand in such long lines to get autographs of the designers or to spin a wheel and win a car, so we just wandered around a bit and then went in to the museum. So unfortunately I didn't take a lot of pictures.
This is Reid checking out one of the life size cars. Of course his favorite thing was the tires. Why are little boys obsessed with tires???
Here he is inside. He was looking at things so much that I couldn't get him to look at me.
And then, this is Elsie. She wouldn't stand up, so you couldn't even see her.
I took this picture today. They were sitting on their play garage pretending that it was a train. They kept saying "choo choo"

5 comments:
Love that last photo, that is so cute! My girls are obsessed with the idea of trains lately too (esp. Brynn).
Glad you had a good weekend :)
Your Labor Day weekend was more eventful than mine! Love that last pic of the kids on the toy. You can see how much they look alike.
Oh i love the "train", they are getting so big!
Love the last picture!!! Such creative little dollies, CHOO CHOO :) Oh, my boys would have LOVED the Hot Wheels event!!
Love that pic of Elsie in the car, she's so teeny tiny you can barely see her LOL
Post a Comment