Monday, October 6, 2008

Notre Dame

This past weekend we went to South Bend to visit with Rob's family. Rob and his brothers went to the football game with their Uncle Craig. (thank you Aunt Connie for giving up your ticket so the brothers could go together). I walked to the stadium with the guys just so the kids could see what was going on. For those of you who are reading this who haven't had the experience of going to a college football game, it is quite an experience. Lots full of people tailgating. People walking all over campus. There are some very loyal fans. Tons of stuff for the kids to look at and great people watching.
After the guys headed into the game, I walked across campus to take the kids to the pond. I knew there would be some ducks there for them to feed. We didn't get out of the stroller. I knew that would be a disaster. Luckily the ducks and swans were close enough to the edge that they could feed them from their seats.
I think that swan in front of the stroller would have come right up and taken it out of our hands They seemed pretty tame.
This is a picture of the kids in front of the Golden Dome. It is Notre Dame's famous landmark. It is on the building that is at the center of campus with a statue of the Virgin Mary on top of it.
You can see it from wherever you are on campus. I think it just has administration offices in the building now.


We also stopped at the Grotto which is by the pond. The Grotto is a cave of stones where you can pray. There are candles to light and benches to sit on. We said a prayer for our friend Tuesday while we were there.
The Grotto is just a peaceful place. No matter what craziness is going on in the world, it is just so peaceful there. When I was on bedrest, my MIL and her friend Barb came here and said a prayer for the twins and I.





5 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like a great trip! You guys do so many cool things!! Loved the Halloween camping too! And great picture taking!

Debbie Moore said...

What a beautiful day! They are so cute with the ducks, my kids are suckers for them too.

debi9kids said...

Wow! What a fun place to take the family! Neat experience!
I just LOVE how you described the Grotto. It just sounds so lovely and peaceful.

ps LOVE Miss Elsie's hair! She looks soooo grown up! WOW!

Tonya Staab said...

That pond on campus is huge. What a beautiful area to take the kiddo's.

Sharlene said...

What a cool place to take the family. I would love to visit Notre Dame someday. College campuses are always so pretty